CX Aortic Vienna Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission is now closed
Notification of acceptance: Monday 3 August 2020
We are inviting senior and trainee clinicians working in the vascular and endovascular field to submit abstracts to be considered for presentations or as electronic posters in the CX Abstract Sessions at the CX Aortic Vienna Live Virtual Conference (8–11 September 2020). The CX Aortic Vienna – Cardiovascular Aortic Advances programme will cover open and endovascular aortic interventions from the aortic valve to the iliac arteries.
Successful abstracts will be part of the on-demand CX Abstract Session. The highest quality abstracts will be scheduled for live streaming.
Guidelines for submitting your abstract
- Vascular topics should be in one of these groups: the aorta from the aortic valve, ascending aorta, aortic arch, descending aorta, perirenal aorta, abdominal aorta, and iliac arteries.
- Abstracts should be original and of a clinical or research nature. In general, only previously unpublished material will be considered.
- Submission is open to vascular specialists and trainees.
- Format of abstract:
– Abstract title should avoid abbreviations and be under 300 characters.
– The intended podium speaker should be specified in the submission form.
– Abstract text should not exceed 500 words (a figure can have a maximum of 50 words text).
– Graphics, tables and images can be included in the abstract as high resolution images (300 dpi/1 MB).
– The abstract must be structured to include the following four sections:
- Editing of abstracts after submission deadline is not possible. Once an abstract has been accepted and the submitting author notified, corrections may be made to typographical errors and incorrect graphics only.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts can refer to innovation in technology in a defined clinical context but should not contain logos, brand or device names.
- The successful abstract presenters will be asked to prepare a pre-recorded 5 minutes presentation which will be available on demand to be viewed online. If possible, abstracts will also be presented as posters and these will be listed on CX website. Excellent abstracts may be scheduled for live streaming.
- Accepted abstracts will be eligible to win a prize or certificate of merit.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically only via the online submission form.
- Acceptance will be notified starting 3rd August.
- All presenting authors of selected abstracts will need to register for CX Aortic Vienna 2020.
- The registration fee will be discounted for clinicians whose abstract is accepted for presentation.
- Both the CX Aortic Vienna and BIBA Publishing reserve the right to publish accepted abstracts and make mention of the work in any other publications, including print and online.
- Unsuccessful submitting authors will be able to register for CX Aortic Vienna at normal rates.
- The intended podium speaker cannot be changed after the acceptance of the abstract.
If you have any queries regarding the submission process, please contact the CX programme team at email@example.com.