Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission deadline: 3 November 2019
We are inviting senior and trainee clinicians working in the vascular and endovascular field to submit abstracts to be considered for oral presentations or as electronic posters in the CX Abstract Sessions at the Charing Cross Symposium – Consensus Update taking place at Olympia Grand, London on 21-24 April 2020.
Guidelines for submitting your abstract:
- Abstracts should be original and of a clinical or research nature. In general, only previously unpublished material will be considered.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the CX 2020 Abstract Book.
- Submission is open to vascular specialists and trainees.
- Format of abstract:
– Abstract title should avoid abbreviations and be under 300 characters.
– The intended podium speaker should be specified in the submission form.
– Abstract text should not exceed 500 words (a figure can have a maximum of 50 words text).
– Graphics, tables and images can be included in the abstract as high resolution images (300 dpi/1 MB).
– The abstract must be structured to include the following four sections:
- Editing of abstracts after submission deadline is not possible. Once an abstract has been accepted and the submitting author notified, corrections may be made to typographical errors and incorrect graphics only.
- Abstracts and e-posters must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts can refer to innovation in technology in a defined clinical context but should not contain logos, brand or device names.
- Vascular topics should be in one of these groups:
– Abdominal Aortic
– Acute Stroke
– Peripheral Arterial
– Thoracic Aortic
– Vascular Access
- Accepted oral abstracts will be invited to present in one of the CX 2020 abstract sessions and will be eligible to win a prize or certificate of merit.
- The best abstract presentation in each category (senior and trainee) will be awarded £1,000* and a diploma for best presentation. Please note that abstracts submitted in Vascular Access will be judged separately and the best presentation within the CX Vascular Access Programme will be awarded £500.*
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically only via the online submission form.
- Abstract submitters who only wish to present an e-poster can indicate their preference in the appropriate box on the online abstract submission form.
- Abstracts are reviewed and graded blindly by the CX Abstract Board.
- Acceptance will be notified by early December 2019.
- The registration fee will be waived for trainee clinicians whose abstract is accepted. Evidence supporting the status as a trainee clinician (doctor in vascular training) will be required.
- Both the Charing Cross Symposium and BIBA Publishing reserve the right to publish accepted abstracts in a supplementary Abstract Book and make mention of the work in any other publications, including print and online.
- All presenting authors of selected abstracts will need to register for CX 2020.
- Unsuccessful submitting authors will be eligible to apply for registration under the discounted early bird rate.
- The intended podium speaker cannot be changed after the acceptance of the abstract.
- Neither the Charing Cross Symposium, nor BIBA Medical Ltd will cover for any cost incurred for travel and accommodation for presenting authors
CLICK HERE to submit your abstract.
* The abstract prizes are funded entirely by the CX Symposium.
If you have any queries regarding the submission process, please contact Oana Gelep at email@example.com