CX 2018 24-28 April 2018
Abstract Submission for Presentation or E-Poster
Submission deadline date: Sunday, 22 October 2017
We are inviting senior and trainee clinicians working in the vascular and endovascular field to submit an abstract to be considered for presentation at the CX Open Abstract Session or as an Electronic Poster.
- Abstracts should be original and of a clinical or research nature. In general, only previously unpublished material will be considered.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the CX 2018 Abstract Book.
- Submission is open to vascular specialists or trainees.
- Abstract title should avoid abbreviations and be under 300 characters.
- Intended podium speaker should be underlined in the title
- Institution should be stated and authors annotated with footnote reference, e.g.
F Myers¹, B Hammond¹, C Walsh²
1. Department of Angiology, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
2. Vascular and Endovascular Department, Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Brighton, UK
- Intended podium speaker cannot be changed after acceptance
- Abstracts and E-posters must be submitted in English.
- Abstract text should not exceed 500 words (a figure = 50 words).
- The abstract must be structured to include the following four sections:
- Abstracts can refer to innovation in technology in a defined clinical context but should not contain logos, brand or device names.
- Vascular topics should be in one of these groups:
– Peripheral Arterial
– Abdominal Aortic
– Thoracic Aortic
– Acute Stroke
– Vascular Access
- Accepted oral abstracts will be invited to present in one of the CX Abstract sessions and will be eligible to win a prize or certificate of merit.
- Abstracts must be submitted as a Word document, attached to the online form.
- Acceptance will be notified by early December 2017.
- The registration fee will be waived for trainee clinicians whose abstract is accepted. Evidence supporting the status as a trainee clinician (doctor in vascular training) will be required.
- Unsuccessful submitting authors will be eligible to apply for registration under the discounted early bird rate.
- Prizes and Certificates of Merit:
– A first prize of £1,000 will be awarded to the best paper of a fully trained vascular specialist (senior clinician category) and another for £1,000 for the best trainee vascular specialist presented.
– Certificates of Merit will be awarded to those whose presentations are regarded by the Board as outstanding in the above categories. There will not be a quota of certificates.
– The best E-poster presentation (in any of the above categories) will receive complimentary registration for CX 2019.
– Prize and Certificate of Merit winners will be invited to submit topics for the CX Plenary Programme for 2019.
– The best abstract presentation within the CX Vascular Access Programme will be awarded £500.
– Scoring is by members of the CX Abstract Board under the following four criteria: Originality, potential clinical benefit, delivery of presentation, and how well the speaker engages with discussion.
– Prizes are available to the presenting author only.
If you have any queries regarding the submission process, please contact Oana Gelep at firstname.lastname@example.org